[buug] Newbie question - obsolete sessions?

Patrick Soltani psoltani at ultradns.com
Wed Aug 28 11:53:13 PDT 2002

Hi,
when you aborted or disconnected the session without issuing logout command, the server will keep the entry; doing w or who will show the session, however, it is not active.  Usually flagged as idle.  There is nothing to worry about, however, you can get the pid and do a kill -9 and that should clear it up for you.

Any subsequent session will have its own id, etc.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.