[buug] NetBSD 1.5.2, SS5/10/20 and RAID

HD billoomal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 20:40:27 PDT 2002

Hi,
I consider myself a complete newbie to the world on
*nixes. I mean I comfortable with them, and can even
do some basic stuff, but am really awed by the amount
of knowledge I have seen float around on this list.

With that in mind, I hope the responses to my question
are in a style lucid than most others :)

So I have a couple of sparc5s, a 2P sparc10 and a 2P
sparc20. All of these boxes have two drives of around
1 gb each.

I have been wanting to install NetBSD 1.5.2 on them,
and set up RAID 0 (plain striping??) so can double my
capacity and get some performance advantage.

Ok, so how do I do it? I want to ensure that / and
swap are striped too. Does anyone here have any
pointers on how to go about this task. I don't know if
it is too ambitious to do so, when I am familiarizing
myself with NetBSD, but then I figure that is how I am
going to learn.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
HD