[buug] Installing new drives?

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Wed Dec 4 14:21:26 PST 2002

Hi all,

I just got a much bigger drive for our BSD box here, getting ready
to move a lot more stuff over to it.

What is the best way to move the current system and data to
a new drive? This is a replacement, not a second drive.

I'm been doing some reading and thinking that I can put the new
drive in another machine, install a minimum BSD system on it,
then put it into the real machine as a second drive and do a dump
to it of the entire first drive? Then just install it as the first drive
and firing the machine back up?

Skip Evans
Network Project Director
National Center for Science Education
420 40th St, Suite 2
Oakland, CA 94609
510-601-7203 Ext. 308
510-601-7204 (fax)
800-290-6006
evans at ncseweb.org
 http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list. Please note that
this is NOT a discussion list. You cannot post messages for members
 to receive. We use this list to broadcast news about the
creationism/evolution issue to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org

To unsubscribe send: