[buug] [lugs at netraverse.com: We would like to sponsor your LUG]

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Thu Dec 5 07:28:42 PST 2002

Anyone interested? If so, I'll sign up...

-Jon

----- Forwarded message from NeTraverse LUG Program <lugs at netraverse.com> -----

From: "NeTraverse LUG Program" <lugs at netraverse.com>
To: <lugs at netraverse.com>
Subject: We would like to sponsor your LUG
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:36:58 -0500

Dear Linux User Group Administrator,

This is just a follow up on a previous email to offer free software and
support to your LUG. We have signed up over 50 LUGS throughout the world and
more LUGS are signing up ever day. We sincerely hope that you will accept
our offer.

We have seen Linux grow, in large part, from the work and evangelism thathas
occurred in computer user groups like yours. We would like to help sponsor
these efforts by donating software and support to your LUG, coupled with a
special member-only offer.

NeTraverse would like to offer you a free license for our Win4Lin
Workstation Edition 4.0 software (an $89.99 value) - the best way to bridge
Windows to Linux, especially for those hard to replace applications. In
addition, we would like to offer your membership a discount of $20 off the
retail price of Win4Lin Workstation Edition 4.0.

To take advantage of the member discount, we ask that you notify your
membership by email, or announce at your monthly meeting, that NeTraverse is
now sponsoring you and that members are entitled to the special benefits
described in the welcome letter.

We would like to list all sponsored LUGs on our LUG page
(http://www.netraverse.com/LUG/) and continue to make special offers to all
LUG members.  This would be done by sending you an email so you can decide
whether to include it in your normal user group communications (NeTraverse
does not want to, and will not, SPAM you with junk mail). We are very
excited about this chance to help the communities that have helped us. If
you would like to sign up for this offer please reply to this email with the
following information so we may update our records:

LUG Name
City
State
Administrative Contact Name
Administrative Contact Email
URL for LUG

We will reply with our welcome letter and an electronic certificate with a
Win4Lin license code. You will also be informed on how to help your members
take advantage of our LUG sponsorship discounts.

Regards,

Mark R. Hinkle
Vice President, NeTraverse
lugs at netraverse.com
http://www.netraverse.com/LUG/

If you would like to be removed from future mailings please reply with the
word REMOVE in the subject.
---