[buug] coprocessor card on sparc under linux

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Mon Feb 4 10:12:18 PST 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 08:58:46AM -0800, johnd wrote:
> I've come across a SPARC box...It has a PC co-processor card that lets you
> have a x86 platform...
>
> I've given up on Solaris...and am running Splack (a SPARC slack clone)
>
> Has anybody ever gotten one of these things to work in Linux?

It's probably a SunPC card, which has gone through many revisions. AFAIK, no
one's gone through the trouble to get one working. I've got one too, and got
no response from Sun when I asked about interface specifications.

If anyone wants mine, I'll bring it to the next meeting, in trade for a
beverage of my choice.

-Jon