[buug] newbie attack

Marc at sozavac.net Marc at sozavac.net
Mon Feb 4 21:35:23 PST 2002

I recently loaded one of my pc's with freebsd. When logged on
as root, I seem to have no root powers??? Another odd bit,
when I log in as root my # prompt has the group name placed
before it that I created at install (sozavac). ie.  sozavac#
If I stay logged in long enough an error pops up:
CRON[412]: _secure_path: /root/.login_conf is not owned by
root
This error will repeat periodically.
I tried chown root /path/to/file and root.wheel with no luck.
I don't want to reload the os, besides I would much rather
learn to troubleshoot the problem.
I would appreciate any feedback on this simple-to-you, but
really CRAZY-to-me newbie prob.
Thnx...
Marcos G. Cavazos
H:(949)240-3178