[buug] Webmail App?

Brian Sobolak sobolak at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 8 10:51:53 PST 2002

(sorry for top-posting)

The most well-known is Horde (e.g. webmail.lmi.net).  Did you check freshmeat.net?  I remember seeing something simple in Perl there.

One cheap solution I used for a client recently that wanted webmail access when his ISP didn't provide it was to use Yahoo.  Yahoo allows POP3 connectivity, so you can pull your mail into a Yahoo mailbox through a web interface.  You can also configure the Reply-To: header, so responses sent from the Yahoo address go back to the original POP email box.  Is completely free (as in beer) and requires little time to setup.

brian