[buug] Re: BAD + BUUG....

C. Sullivan feedle at feedle.net
Thu Jan 3 23:37:16 PST 2002

(delurk, and CC'd to buug as it's relevant topic there as well)

As someone who was a longtime attender of BUUG, it might be a Good Thing
(tm) for BAD to meet somewhere else on another night.  Not that I wouldn't
welcome Bay Area Debian, but just that BUUG was more about schmooze than
anything serious, and it sounds like many in BAD want more
structure.  BUUG has never (to my knowledge) had anything remotely like a
"speaker", and often times the topic of conversation wanders far off
things *NIXian (for example, into mystical religions and libertarian
politics).  Well, maybe mystical religions and libertarian politics isn't
really that far off the topic, but you get the point nonetheless.

But, as Rick can certainly attest, BUUG is certainly a neat thing, and
everybody is always welcome to come and "in our geekness, let us
schmooze."

Of course, I'm so far behind on my E-mail that I'm writing this well after
this week's BUUG meeting... (sigh)

-Fedl