[buug] wireless accesspoint

johnd john at jjdev.com
Mon Jan 7 09:50:51 PST 2002

I am trying to setup my a wireless network with my laptop.

I have found a orinoco (lucent chipset) card to use.  Now I need a 'access
point'.  I don't want a full wireless router.  The guy I buy my hardware
from told me that most of these access points need to be configured
(chanel, encryption, etc) and there are no linux programs to do this.
I don't have a windows box running, so I can't configure the device.
he told me the routers typically have a web based admin utility, but I
don't want a rull router.

Is anybody here doing wireless?  If so, what kind of access point are
you using?

-- The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small,
simple problems look like large, complex ones.