[buug] Open Source Programmer Group Meeting (Jan 17)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 16 09:43:17 PST 2002

Quoting Robin Rowe (rower at MovieEditor.com):

> Changing the location for the Open Source Programmer Group by tomorrow
> isn't feasible. Au Coquelet is a public place with room for hundreds
> of people.  Most of the patrons there have no awareness of BUUG. We
> can exist separately in the same space.

I'm sure these matters can be reasonably dealt with by people of good
will.  Perhaps you wouldn't mind clarifying:  Since you've now heard a
pretty clear message from four BUUG regulars (Jon McClintock, Ian
Zimmerman, Bill Honeycutt, Claude Rubinson) objecting to the likely
effect on BUUG's atmosphere, will you at least be using _separate_
tablespace in Cafe Au Coquelet's back room for your two new user groups?

(For those who weren't following the preceding details, Robin is
founding an Open Source Programmer Group, meeting 3rd Thursdays, 7-9pm
at Cafe Au Coquelet, and a Linux Graphics Group, meeting 1st Thursdays,
7-9pm at Cafe Au Coquelet.  Those overlap BUUG's two monthly meeting
location and times, by design.)

http://www.movieeditor.com/open-source-programmer/
http://www.movieeditor.com/linux-graphics/

Disclaimer:  I have no personal interest in stake, being only an
occasional visitor, but am speaking as a sympathetic observer.  I'm
not speaking for anyone else, or any group.