[buug] [ultra-10] Error opening terminal: xterm

David Selders dave at dselders.org
Fri Jan 25 13:28:32 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:26:46AM -0800, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:
> I'm ssh'd into the Solaris-8 box that has Lynx installed and from my
> FreeBSD box I was attempting to run Lynx.  The error I get is:
>
> Error opening terminal: xterm

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you don't have termcap entry for
xterm.  You can either change your terminal type or get a termcap that
has an entry for xterm.  I think the Solaris software companion cd has a
pkg with a lot more terminal definitions than what comes with Solaris 8.

--
David Selders
dave at dselders.org
Martinez, Ca