Samba and NT Hosts file config (was Re: [buug] Help)

Brian Sobolak sobolak at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 23 07:52:45 PDT 2002

> I have added the server IP address and name to the windows HOSTS.SAM.

Ok, take a peak into the HOSTS.SAM.  The .SAM part stands for sample.  My NT admin skills are rusty but you probably want to edit just HOSTS, and possibly LMHOSTS file in the same spot.

If you want to know what computers your Windows box knows about, try the nbtstat command, esp nbtstat -c.  If you make a change to the hosts file, nbtstat -R should force a reload of the HOSTS file.

HTH,

brian

--
Brian Sobolak