[buug] tee command hanging

Nick Dunphy ndunphy at comnitel.com
Thu Jul 25 03:37:13 PDT 2002

Hi folks,
	I'm attempting to use 'tee' within a wrapper script to log stdout & stderr
to a file. Specifically it executes the following:

	command args 2>&1 | tee <logfile>

However we have dsicovered that for certain 3rd-party commands (i.e.
executables) that the tee hangs and requires the operator to <control-C> to
complete the command, e.g.

ndunphy at bandon% mskstart cdsp 2>&1 | tee nick
# Warning: Starting framework module cdsp ...

# Done
<hanging here>
^Cndunphy at bandon%

Has anyone seen this behaviour before with tee? If so, then is there a
solution? If not, then does anyone propose an alternate solution?

Nicholas Dunphy
Comnitel Technologies Ltd.
nicholas.dunphy at comnitel.com

Important Email Information

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not
the intended addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this
e-mail.