[buug] Free Linuxworld Pass

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Fri Jul 26 10:40:27 PDT 2002

>>>>> "Aaron" == Aaron T Porter <atporter at primate.net> writes:

Aaron> Wasn't someone asking about free exhibits passes? Below is a
Aaron> snippet from a LinuxWorld spam that came over today:

Aaron> The keynote is open to all registered attendees.  Simply
Aaron> register on-line today +or print this e-mail and bring it with
Aaron> you on-site at LinuxWorld.  Remember to +use your Special
Aaron> Priority Code - LWEXH, it's your FREE Exhibits Pass ticket!

Aaron> For more information on LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, visit:
Aaron> http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

Oh, right.

Quoth that webpage:

>> Please note: In order to register on-line, you MUST be using
>> Netscape 4.5 or later, Internet Explorer 4.0 or later, Mozilla or
>> Opera. In addition, you MUST have all cookies and Javascript
>> related functions ENABLED to ensure a successful registration. If
>> you are not using the proper browser, or choose to disable these
>> features, you are welcome to register by Mail or Fax .

So I downloaded the PDF form, and it has a different Priority Code
preselected (LWML).

It's just a scam to harvest addresses, if you ask me.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087