[buug] CD getting stuck

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Tue Jul 30 20:13:11 PDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Skip Evans wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I got a faster box, 500Mhz and an 8 gig hard drive for our BSD server
> I'm putting together but I'm having a weird problem with the CD drive.
> Once I've accessed it using /stand/sysinstall, it no longer wants to
> come out of the drive until I shutdown BSD and hit the reset button.
> While the machine is resetting I can then get the CD out.
>
> Any ideas?

usually if the cdrom is mounted it can't be ejected.

if you're accessing /stand/sysinstall you may have had the cdrom
automatically mounted.

so, check it after exiting sysinstall, and then fire off mount to see if
/cdrom has been mounted. specifically look for /dev/acd0c being mounted.

hope this gives you something to go on.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche