[buug] gim

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Wed Jun 19 15:27:32 PDT 2002

A sneak preview of gim is available at

http://www.speakeasy.net/~itz/hacks/gim-0.9.1.tar.gz

gim is a replacement for gpm, the classic linux mouse multiplexor.
Unlike gpm, it doesn't speak the native protocols of mice; instead, it
uses gii (the General Graphics Interface input library) to get mouse
input.  Thus, gii is a prerequisite for gim.

I consider the code in this snapshot complete, except for bugfixes.
Testing is appreciated.  One thing that needs to be completed before a
public release is documentation.  I know about that and will be
working on it.

Bug reports, patches, and suggestions are welcome.  I am considering a
publicly accessible archive (cvs?) but if it happens it will be
read-only; I want to keep complete control of the development.

Best,

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087