[buug] Falling back to gcc 2.95

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Wed Mar 6 21:12:19 PST 2002

Bill> But when I begin configuring mysql, I slam against the following
Bill> wall:

Bill> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
Bill> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
Bill> create executables.

When this happens, the config.log file is your friend.  It has all the
normal output from the test scripts that configure captured.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087