[buug] IPA configuration!

Valentin Milanov vmilanov at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:31:25 PST 2002

Hi everybody,
Here is what I added in my ipa.conf :

startup {
      exec=/sbin/ipfw 100 allow all ip from any to 10.0.0.2 out xmit ed0
      exec=/sbin/ipfw 101 allow all ip from 10.0.0.2 to any in recv ed0
}

rule PC1 {
     ipfw=100 101
     info=Traffic for PC1
}

I did not permitted firewall in rc.conf since IPA is supposed to do so.
And I got following error message:

.... ipfw rule 100.0 doesn't exist in IPFW kernel table(rule PC1)
.... ipfw rule 101.0 doesn't exist in IPFW kernel table(rule PC1)

When I permit firewall in rc.conf ( ipfirewall_enable=YES )

then I got only the second error message !

My question is do I have to run firewall to get IPA running or what I have
to do to get it running properly!
Thanks !
Valentin