[buug] Are there any commercial Unix users in this group?

Brian Sobolak sobolak at myrealbox.com
Fri May 24 07:07:10 PDT 2002

(stdisclaimer:  poor line wrapping due to crappy webmailer)

Nick> Are there any commercial Unix users in this group? I.E. Solaris;
Nick> HP-UX; AIX? I'm new to the group. It would be great to share
Nick> experiences with others on these platforms. Particularly
Nick> Solaris. Any poor implemtatations, great ones? Experiences using
Nick> choice hardware ( E10k, Sunfire E15k, HDS9960, Superdome ) ?

Nick, you know what they say about guys with really big Unix hardware.  ;^)

Umm, I work on a Sunfire here frequently.  When I was at HP I worked on HP-UX (the smoldering, worthless pile of poo that it is).  Anything in particular you were wondering about?

Still prefer my 600Mhz FreeBSD box at home.

brian
--
Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/