[buug] Are there any commercial Unix users in this group?

Nick Buchanan nbuchanan at onebox.com
Fri May 24 16:33:28 PDT 2002

Fascinating . . . .

What kind of hardware are you taking about? Come to think of it the problems
have been localized to a select set of hardware. I see the most failures
on E3500 - E6500 system boards and CPU's and IBM HDs.  Most of the failures
are e-cache parity related, but in the sombra class system boards and
CPU's they mirrored the cache to prevent this kind of system panic. Don't
get me wrong SUN hardware is stable, but not nearly as reliable as HP
or IBM hardware.

--
Nick Buchanan
nbuchanan at onebox.com