[buug] HP LaserJet 2100 TN Printer dirver on Tru64

Qingjuan Gu qingjuan at wistar.upenn.edu
Fri May 31 10:46:31 PDT 2002

Hello,

I have a HP LaserJet 2100 Series PS TN printer, and Alpha unix workstation running Tru64 V5.1. My printcap file about this printer:

lp2|2|bioinfo:\
        :af=/usr/adm/lp2acct:\
        :br#9600:\
        :ct=tcp:\
        :fc#0177777:\
        :fs#03:\
        :ic:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lp2err:\
        :lp=@130.91.8.19/port_9100:\
        :mc#20:\
        :mx#0:\
        :nc:\
        :pl#66:\
        :pw#80:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd2:\
        :sh:\
        :sf:\
        :xc#0177777:\
        :xf=/usr/lbin/xf:\
        :xs#044000:

lp2 will be drived by Tru64 directly, it can not work properly. While in the same printcap file, there is another entry lp1 which will drive the same printer through another SGI server.
lp1|1|lp|hp2100:\
        :af=/usr/adm/lp1acct:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lp1err:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=odin.wistar.upenn.edu:\
        :rp=hp2100:\
        :sh:\
        :ps:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd1:

My question is if I have to install driver to use this printer, Has the tru64 v5.1 installed the printer driver specially for Hp LaserJet 2100 PS TN printer. How can I check it?

Thank you verymuch in advance.

Grace