[buug] data showing as audio on cdrom

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Tue Nov 5 10:25:24 PST 2002

I have recently installed an IDE Sony CDRW on a FreeBSD box and it works
fine using the audio command line for duplicating cd files. Audio CD's
burn and run ok.

When I down loaded a FreeBSD 4.7 ISO and tried to burn it to disk it
seemed to work fine using this command.

# burncd -f /dev/acd0c data nameoffile.iso fixate

Mounting and looking at the files on the new CD it seems ok.

However, when you go to use the cd to install FreeBSD on to a box an
error occurs.

"this seems to be an audio disk"  Is what it says.

Anybody know what I may be doing wrong here? I have installed from other
cd's some made on other peoples boxes and some from FreeBSD.org and
never had this error.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043