[buug] data showing as audio on cdrom

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 12:10:04 PST 2002

> You can mount the data cd's and they have the
> correct files on them. The
> install program for FreeBSD is the only thing that
> is detecting them as
> audio.

Let's concentrate on the FreeBSD install program and
forget about the CD for now.  Please describe the
steps that the install goes through...For example,
something like this:

1)  downloaded release files 4.6.2-Release and put
them on CD using a windows machine (at work)
2)  created floppies: fixit.flp, kern.flp, mfsroot.flp
3)  set the BIOS to boot from floppy
4)  put floppy disk kern.flp in floppy drive and
rebooted

That way, we could understand exactly how far the
install is getting.

Later,
Bob

=====
Bob Read
Senior Unix Administrator/DBA/Programmer
cell (510)-703-1634
unixjavabob at yahoo.com