[buug] data showing as audio on cdrom

Patrick Soltani psoltani at ultradns.com
Tue Nov 5 14:13:36 PST 2002

Most of the problems I have runinto burning cd iso images been from the timing issues.
After tinkering a bit, I opted for the following fix:

modify the kernel file and add the following options:

#Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options          P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING

# To add cdrecord real timing to the burner via POSIX
options         "_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING"
options         "_KPOSIX_VERSION"=199309

I believe the top 2 options are done automatically after 4.6 and the bottom 2 options I added when I was running 4.3 or 4.4; can't remember, but took care of the problems I had with burning iso images.  It would burn, but won't boot off it.  I could browse the cd, just won't boot.

Just a reminder that you have to do make buildkernel and installkernel.

Hope this helps and good Luck.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.