[buug] Anyone available for quick project?

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Fri Nov 8 13:14:06 PST 2002

Hi all,

When I first joined this list a while back I asked
if anyone would be available as a consultant for some
quick work on our newly installed BSD box.

I need Samba and Apache set up and configured,
first off.

I know these are not big projects and not all that
difficult (for someone with experience), but the fact is
I simply have no time to get up to speed and we do
need these things done, and we could use the advice
of an experienced sys admin.

As of the end of the day on Thursday I already had
already clocked over forty hours and I'll be here over
the weekend trying to get caught up, so that's where
my time goes.

What I am hoping to find is someone who can come
in perhaps over the weekend or perhaps in the evenings
and let me look over there shoulder and help me get
up to speed a bit while the work is done.

I am hoping it turns out to be the kind of business relationship
where someone is available every few weeks, as needed,
to perform these kind of quick and small projects for an
hourly rate.

If you'd be interested what I'd like to know is:

1) Your hourly rate.
2) An estimate on the number of hours to install and configure
Samba and Apache.

 From here we can drill down to specifics of the configuration
needed.

If interested, email me offline.

Thanks!

Skip Evans
Network Project Director
National Center for Science Education
420 40th St, Suite 2
Oakland, CA 94609
510-601-7203 Ext. 308
510-601-7204 (fax)
800-290-6006
evans at ncseweb.org
 http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list. Please note that
this is NOT a discussion list. You cannot post messages for members
 to receive. We use this list to broadcast news about the
creationism/evolution issue to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org

To unsubscribe send: