[buug] disk clone

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Sat Nov 9 08:38:08 PST 2002

Rick> Given that you say GNU tar handles special devices, that's
Rick> pleasant news, but it seems likely that it does so with or
Rick> without -f (i.e.  without regard to the target).  I never count
Rick> on that with any tar implementation, personally.

It does work, and that's what I use for Rob's purpose.  I have done it
that way for a long, long time; but now I in fact have no choice,
because there's no dump/restore for reiserfs.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087