[buug] alert message

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Sat Nov 9 11:07:55 PST 2002

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> 	Very astute of you.

i do try.

> 	However, I'm willing to wager that exim or postfix won't fill
> up the disk with core files like sendmail seems to be doing.  That's
> just as good as solving the problem with sendmail.  Everybody wins!

i'm willing to bet they will. perhaps a gentleman's bet?

i've only had sendmail core due to OS or hardware issues.

this is going to turn in to a "sendmail vs. {qmail,postfix,exim}" debate,
which breaks down to "use what you want to use."

find the source of the problem, simply replacing the software won't fix
the root. it's treating the symptoms, not the issue.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
	"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for
	  my sham friends." -- Tom Waits