[buug] Mouse Trouble

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Mon Nov 11 14:53:52 PST 2002

Hi Gurus,

Loaded FreeBSD 4.7 on a destop box and all went well in the text mode
including the mouse install. Mouse moves around the screen, no problem.

However, when I installed XFCE as the Window Manager the mouse ( MS
Serial Type ) pointer goes to the top of the screen and will move, but
only across the top and down the left side.

The keys work fine to move the mouse around the screen, just the roller
ball won't work. The mouse buttons do work.  I tried several mice by the
way with the same result so I think whatever is the problem is common
and not a defect related to just one mouse.

Anybody know what could be wrong. Never had this happen before.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043