[buug] Mouse Trouble

Rob Helmer robert at namodn.com
Mon Nov 11 20:05:16 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 12:53:52PM -1000, al plant wrote:
> Loaded FreeBSD 4.7 on a destop box and all went well in the text mode
> including the mouse install. Mouse moves around the screen, no problem.
>
> However, when I installed XFCE as the Window Manager the mouse ( MS
> Serial Type ) pointer goes to the top of the screen and will move, but
> only across the top and down the left side.

You should have a section in your /etc/X11/XF86Config that looks like :

Section "Pointer"
        Device          "something"
	Protocol        "something"
EndSection

Can you send everything between 'Section "Pointer"' and 'EndSection'?

It should be no more than 5 lines or so.

Also, make sure there is only one "Pointer" section.

My guess is that you are using moused ( it works on the console right? )
but you are not using /dev/sysmouse as your Device. Could be something
else though, Protocol should be "Auto" I think.

If this doesn't remotely match the reality of your XF86Config,
you can send me the whole thing in private email if you want.

--
Rob