[buug] latex (pronounced Lay-tech)

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Nov 13 11:06:45 PST 2002

begin  Bob Read  quotation:
> Anybody used Latex?  No, not the S&M variety that Claude sells, I'm
> talking about LaTeX: a document preparation system:
>
> http://www.latex-project.org/
>
> I'm trying to help out a friend who wants to publish a math book
> (lots of equations I guess) and Latex seems like a good choice, what
> with AMS-LaTeX and all...opinions, please?

	LaTeX is indeed tha bomb.  I use the TeTeX distribution of
TeX/LaTeX because it is Free Software (or at least most recently is).
It's based on LaTeX2e, which is the most recent revision out there.

	Lamport's introductory text is a must-have, but I managed to
use http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwilkins/LaTeXPrimer/GSWLaTeX.tex as an
example and tutorial.  That got my undergraduate math-major brother up
and running very quickly.

--
A: No.