[buug] email in HTML using sendmail

Andrei Tatarchouk andrei at tatarchouk.net
Thu Nov 14 00:56:17 PST 2002

Hello,
I'm a new user to Linux and Sendmail,
I would like to send the email in the HTML
format:
mail -s ' Subject' -b user1 user2 <welkome.htm
It works for the recipients on Hotmail.com but in the other cases
mostly people just get the HTML text on their screens, on the outlook
I see the option "sending the webpage" it just takes the url, and nicely generate from
it a MIME message: the first part: text from this page for users reading the email
in the text mode and then the formatted HTML message with all the pictures and text encoded
for user reading it using the browser etc.
I was wondering if there is a command for doing it on Red Hat using Sendmail,
Any links or suggestions would be appreciated; I heard there is a simple language for
formatting the email messages
Regards, Andrei Tatarchouk