[buug] email in HTML using sendmail

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Nov 14 08:15:54 PST 2002

John> I'm not really an expert on this, but I think you need to pay
John> attention to the MIME type in the email.  Sendmail is not
John> involved.  I'm sure there is some five line perl script
John> somewhere which automates what you want (http://www.cpan.org/).

John> RFC's for MIME:
John> http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MIME/MIME.html

John> Sorry I can't give you the name of a command.

mpack is one (there are many alternatives).

mpack -s welcome -c text/html welcome.html user1 user2 ...

Most people I know will direct mail with _only_ html parts to their spamboxes.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087