[buug] latex (pronounced Lay-tech)

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Nov 14 12:42:01 PST 2002

John> That said, my personal recommendation would be to use any editor
John> you're familiar with and markup the book using XML (DocBook
John> would probably be your best bet), then use a LaTeX/TeX backend
John> for typesetting the final output.  XML plus LaTeX/TeX is *the*
John> way to go these days.

But if he has a lot of math formulas, XML (or MathML to be precise) is
a lot of pain.  Well, he can put them into NDATA entities and
handcode them in LaTeX, but he will really ask himself why not do the
whole thing directly in LaTeX.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087