[buug] Access control

Claude Rubinson cmsclaud at arches.uga.edu
Mon Nov 18 14:25:04 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 02:02:35PM -0800, Bill Honeycutt wrote:
> I want to modify the default permissions for files created using scp.
> Not untypically, I don't know where to begin to look.  We're talking
> Linux machines.

I'm a bit unclear on what you're asking.  If you're saying that you've
scp'd some files from one machine to another and now want to change
the permissions of the (now remote) files, you can just use ssh (e.g.,
ssh chmod mode file_name).

If you're saying that your file permissions aren't being preserved
across the scp, I'm not going to be of much help (if I recall
correctly, file permissions are preserved).  You might need to dig
into your ssh environment variables or check your user's settings and
permissions on the remote machine.

Claude