[buug] rlogin

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 16:32:32 PST 2002

this is a great book about how to properly configure
rlogin, .rhosts, and hosts.equiv so that rlogin and
remsh are safe and secure from hackers:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0684835584/reviews/103-8593931-6826212

Passwords are soooo 90's.

--- Aaron T Porter <atporter at primate.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:02:32PM -0800, allen shao
> wrote:
> > i know that it is not recommanded, but i just want
> > try it. i created /etc/hosts.equiv and
> $HOME/.rhosts
> > on my solaris, and tried to rlogin from another
> linux
> > machine by an account on both of them, it still
> asked
> > for passwd.
>
> 	rlogin is a very bad idea for a number of reasons.
> Look into ssh
> with an authorized_hosts file as a transparent
> alternative.

=====
Bob Read
Exit Code Incorporated