[buug] create .doc files on linux/BSD

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 07:50:55 PST 2002

Hello,
   I'm working with a guy who needs to generate
dynamic documents in microsoft word .doc format.  He
says he can do it with VB and COM.
   I suggested he do it in pdf instead on linux/BSD
with the abundance of .pdf tools.
   My question is:  have any of you created .doc files
on linux/BSD, and what tool did you use?
   Quick google searches turned up "Makedoc" and
"Tealdoc", as well as open office (can I create word
docs via open office on the command line?).
   Anybody created word docs from LaTeX?

Thanks,
Bob

=====