[buug] Hello

Matt Bockman bonkers at thetechbox.com
Wed Nov 27 13:09:37 PST 2002

Hello Everyone, My name is Matt and I'm a 14 year old  computer techie dude. I live in San Diego, California. I'm trying to set up a replacement server for my old server. Actually, the server I'm going to replace it with is a little bit slower, about 500mhz less. My current server (thetechbox.com) runs Mandrake Linux and has the following functions:

Route IP address (2 network cards)
Serve Web PAges (thetechbox.com)
email (Qmail)
and I have FTP just for putting up my files and stuff for my site.

I want to use my 350 machine to run FreeBSD, but I want to prepare it so that I can switch the servers and in a matter of a few minutes have them it up and running. That means I'll have to get apache, qmail, and NAT running before I move the server. The hard part about the whole thing is the email, which is worse yet because I'm putting another network card which will give me a diffrent IP address, so I"ll have to change it with my domain name thing. I guess I could switch the network cards so that my cable IP address remains the same. I don't know. I'm very new to FreeBSD and don't know a thing about it.

~Matt