[buug] I installed Apache... but

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Thu Nov 28 01:49:12 PST 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 12:51  AM, Matt Bockman wrote:

> How do I get apache to work? I went to /usr/ports/www/apache13 and did:
>
> make
> make install

did you run the configure script first?

> how do I proceed to running a web server from here? I also need to
> have php/mysql, perl, and parsing...like...SSI.

you have to download php and mysql then build them (similar to building
apache)

Perl will probably be ready depending on what you want to do with it

like SSI? do you mean SSI?

also, your question, 'how do I proceed to running a web server', what
exactly do you mean?
to start apache you can run the httpd binary by just typing the name
(use the complete path)
example:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

or you can do