[buug] login accounting, webmail

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Tue Oct 1 07:33:01 PDT 2002

hi everyone

I got a message today that said:

<msg>
Doing login accounting:
        total              420.72
        brian              420.72
</msg>

as part of my monthly security run output for my FreeBSD 4.5 box.

Exactly what does the figure represent?  Anyone point me to a man page
where I can find more?

Also, I wrote about a month ago asking for how to solve the problem of
having my domain not work internally on the firewall.  I don't know why I
didn't think of it, but of course Ian's solution of a well constructed
hosts file worked fine.

Also worth noting:  SquirrelMail rules.  The most recent version no longer
requires global parameters be turned on (a security risk and why it was
banned at a lot of hosting companies).  This is probably one of the best
mail clients I've ever used.

brian