[buug] Floppy Mounting

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Wed Oct 2 20:14:21 PDT 2002

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD 4.5 box that I want to use a floppy drive on to load
some files on to the BOX.

For some reason when I installed the box the CDrom and all other drives
were created in the /etc/fstab directory.

But the floppy is not there.

I have done it in Linux to create this, but FreeBSD is different.

Do you know what the steps are to create the /dev/fd0  /floppy   and so
on in the fstab?

Or can you point me to a how-to. The three references I have here on the
shelf assume that the files were already created with the installation
so they just describe how to mount them.

Or should I look at a hardware issue with the floppy?

Thanks,

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043