[buug] RE: Buug digest, Vol 1 #388 - 8 msgs

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Sun Oct 13 14:17:27 PDT 2002

I was wondering the same thing.  I have used many mailers, as far as MTA's
go, Exchange is easily beaten, but the main selling point of Exchange is its
groupware ability i.e. the sharing of public folders.  I've also looked at
bynari.net and a few other suites like oracle's communicator, these all have
the same licensing constraints although, they will run on many flavors of
*nix.  I was wondering if there was a GPL'd version out there that I never
heard of?

Thanks
Todd

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:16:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: HD <billoomal at yahoo.com>
To: buug at weak.org
Subject: [buug] Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Linux

Hi,
I am considering migrating my mail server from
Exchange 5.5 to a linux based email server. I have
searched the web a little and haven't found any white
paper or anything of the sort.

Could someone recommend some sites with appropriate
information and/or even suggest some mail servers to
use?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!
HD