[buug] Samba and DHCP

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Thu Oct 17 22:16:56 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Skip Evans wrote:

> A friend is helping me get Samba up and going and
> thinks this is preventing Samba from working.

can you have him explain why he thinks that?

> Anyone think this is the case? Any kind of resolution
> would be helpful. If a diagram of the network layout would
> be helpful, contact me off list and I'll attach it to a response.

i find it very doubtful that samba would not work due to a static IP being
used.

highly doubtful, actually. if anything, i'd check your samba configuration
first and formost.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche