[buug] Samba and DHCP

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Oct 17 22:26:33 PDT 2002

Skip> hostname="ncseweb2.org"

Skip> A friend is helping me get Samba up and going and thinks this is
Skip> preventing Samba from working.

I can't say if this has anything to do with your Samba problem, but I
have always disliked this kind of alias, where a host is named the
same as the entire domain.  Could you give it a hostname of its own,
like lists.ncseweb2.org?

And why is the domain different from your other one (ncseweb.org) anyway?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087