[buug] Convert Linux Gateway to OpenBSD

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Oct 25 13:17:37 PDT 2002

> i've had very few problems with the snapshot releases, far fewer with
> OpenBSD-current than FreeBSD-current.

OK, I've done some more homework, and I see the point.
What are your thoughts on the following:

My little network will have a DMZ.
Curly will be the firewall, with OpenBSD 3.1, and 3 nics
Ep1 is the external interface, dhcp
Tx0 is one internal interface with a private address
Tx1 is the other internal interface with a private address
Curly and Larry will communicate over a crossover cable, since I don't
have another hub
Larry will be the web and mail server, with OpenBSD 3.1, and 1 nic
Moe will be my workstation, with 1 nic

The first question I have for this scenario concerns the sub netting for
the network.
BTW: sub netting is my short suit.
I'm totally at a loss here...should all the machines be on the same
network - 255.255.0.0?
Or should there be some security through sub netting built in here?

Here's my attempt at ASCII art:

	Internet ---- Cable Modem ---- (ep1 DHCP)-Curly-(tx0
192.168.0.1)---- Hub ---- Moe

                                           (tx1 192.168.1.1)