[buug] CDRW on FreeBSD

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Oct 27 16:37:39 PST 2002

Thanks for the response to our request recently for information on
FreeBSD as a platform of CD Burning.

Johan Beisser said any of the brands should work and IDE is good.

"FreeBSD is remarkably agnostic about such things as cd burners."

Boy was he correct.  We gave up on A redhat linux install after it
failed many attempts and we also received many emails about other
failures under redhat too.

The FreeBSD install with a Sony CDRW was a non-event. Other than
checking the /etc/fstab file and creating a directory for the burns and
testing all went as the how-to said it would.

Three tests, one data and two audio cd's, was painless.

Thanks for the advice and we would recommend FreeBSD with the "burncd"
from the command line as the way to go.

"Simplicity is beauty!"

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043