[buug] mozilla

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Tue Oct 29 15:47:14 PST 2002

I've become somewhat fed up with the way I use mozilla, and I'd like
to customize its UI (beyond what the Edit|Preferences dialog allows).
I have read about things like RDF and XUL and I think what I want to
do is possible, but ... where are the fine documents?  Not on
mozilla.org as far as I can see.

As an example, changing the default search engine in Edit|Preferences
affects the Search button next to the location box (which I want to
get rid of) but not the Tools|Search menu item - that always goes to
Netscape.  And why are there both "Tools|Search the Web" _and_
"Tools|Search|Search the Web" (completely identical behavior)?

More generally, can I add my own menus and keybindings as in Emacs?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087