[buug] attachments through majordomo?

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Sep 5 13:47:21 PDT 2002

itz> By the way: I am trying to help, but as others have already said,
itz> the unwrapped lines are irritating.  If Eudora can't do this for
itz> you, how about switching to a mail program that can?  Though in
itz> my experience Eudora is among the better PC clients, and should
itz> have this simple feature.

Mark> `pine` wraps everything nicely to an xterm.

I can do that in my client too, in fact I can set it up depeding on
the list I'm reading.  But in a computing-related list people will
sometimes post code, which will get mangled by auto-wrapping on the
reader end.  AFAIK this was part of the rationale for the original
Usenet convention of writer-end wrapping.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087