[buug] c++ book recommendation

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Sep 5 13:50:15 PDT 2002

itz> Does anyone know of a book that covers the _entire_ C++ standard
itz> library (STL _and_ strings _and_ utils like auto_ptr) in a
itz> readable (not necessarily complete) way?

Jeremy> I would have to recommend "The C++ Programming Language" by
Jeremy> Bjarne Stroustrup.  I don't know anyone that would know more
Jeremy> about C++ than him ;) I had the 1st edition, and it had lots
Jeremy> of detail and was very readable (for me).

I had the _second_ edition, and that was out long before the library
was standardized, so it could not have possibly been covered.

:-P

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087