[buug] Linux SCSI Controller Support

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 5 16:07:28 PDT 2002

Quoting HD (billoomal at yahoo.com):

> I was really looking forward to bringing that box back to life, and I
> have four devices for it too. Two drives and a writer and a cd-rom.
> So there is no way absolutely, that it can be treated as some generic
> vanilla card??

Not to the best of my ability to tell.  You could of course construct a
Linux system with that as a secondary host adapter, and then keep trying
"modprobe" of various SCSI driver modules, to see if one suddenly works
(because your card's chipset happened to be a clone of the one the
driver was for).

> As for the card, do you think some collector may want it ;)

Stranger things have happened.  Speaking for myself, I make a point of
putting bizarre and problematic hardware firmly in the rubbish bin:
Even giving it away raises the risk of its recipient coming back to you
for help.

--
<BLINK>Resize your browser so the following line touches both margins!</BLINK>
                           <HR WIDTH="75%">
                Best Regards, Rick Moen, rick at linuxmafia.com