[buug] Printing mailing labels and forms?

Claude Rubinson cmsclaud at arches.uga.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:40:02 PDT 2002

Two (possibly related) questions:

I need to be able to print (1) mailing labels and (2) directly onto a
preprinted form.  I've searched through both _Unix Power Tools_,
Freshmeat, and Google but haven't been able to find anything suitable
(part of the problem with point 2 is that I'm not sure exactly what I'm
searching for).

As to mailing labels, I did find a Perl module (PostScript::MailLabels)
that seems fairly nice, but there's no documentation and I'm not grokking
the source.  I'm thinking that I can probably hack something together
using PSUtils but I'm also thinking that something else has already got to
be out there.  (I should also note that the labels that I'll be printing
on already have a logo and address printed on them, so whatever solution I
use will need to be flexible enough to permit some customization.  I
mention this because I did find one Gnome-based product which assumes
blank labels.)

Second issue: I've got some blank forms that I need to print directly
onto.  I've never read anything about this, but I know that people do it
all the time.  Could someone point me towards some links or provide some
search terms?  I'm not even sure what I should be searching Google for.

Thanks,

Claude